Well, here it is, the programme for the term. Pay particular attention to the dates for your diary section and the times when we are away from the hall.
Get your PROGRAMMES.
IT’s not exactly 3 times the work for me to make 3 posts, but I’m saving a little time on my scouting admin tasks by publishing all the section summer term programmes on one post.
Here they are:
We promised an updated programme to cover the rest of term and here it is.
There’s still a gap in there yet to be filled, but we are working on it.
Scouts are BACK! And to prove it, here is the programme for the upcoming term.
We’re back, and we’re back TONIGHT! Don’t miss it, and don’t miss any of the other stuff on this term’s programme.
Here is the programme for the upcoming term, so there’s no excuse for not knowing where to be and what to bring.
Here’s a programme update for you.
On Thursday 28th June we will be taking part in the Young Rangers scheme in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. We sent out a note a couple of weeks ago confirming the time change but at that point we din’t know the location. This is what you need to know:
- Meet at The Dales Bike Centre, Parks Barn, Fremington, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL11 6AW.
- Meet at 7pm – please leave plenty of time for travel. We will set off on the activity without you if you don’t arrive on time.
- Pick up at 8:30pm
- Wear your scout shirt and necker, but have sensible outdoor trousers on and hiking boots.
- Bring a small rucksack containing waterproofs and a drink
If you have any questions give Gavin a call on 07977550060, but probably not on the night because I’m not sure the signal is all that amazing down in the Reeth/Fremington/Grinton area.
Here are a few updates to get you through to the summer holidays when we all get a well-earned break.
Unfortunately the summer camp planned to run from 20th-23rd July at Moor House will not go ahead. A minimum number of scouts were needed to make the weekend viable since we were buying an on-site package of activities and with a week to go until the closing date we were not even half way to that number so we took the decision to cancel. Cheques will be returned to those who submitted bookings.
We’d like to have let you know about this camp little earlier but we had some wrangling to do on price with the centre and that took a little time so the info was late coming out and this may have played a part in the low numbers. In case this was a factor, here are some early proposed and approximate dates for scout section camps in 2019!
March 8th – 10th – Winter Camp – Thornthwaite Activity Centre
May/June – Patrol Camps – Exact dates and location TBC
Weekend of July 20th-21st – Expedition Summer Camp
So plenty of time to get those dates in the diary and get prepared to earn that essential Expedition Challenge that you need for your Chief Scout’s Gold Award.
There are a couple of remaining gaps in the programme which needed to be filled. July 12th will be a troop night at the hall as normal but things are going to be a little different on June 28th….
We have been in touch with the Young Rangers Officers for Yorkshire Dales National Park and we have the opportunity to spend the evening being part rangers in Swaledale. We are still working out the final details but what I can tell you at the minute is:
- Scouts will run from 7pm to 8:30 on 28th June
- You will need to be dressed like you’re coming to Kiplin for the evening; waterproofs in a small rucksack, boots on your feet, dressed warmly, but also with your uniform on so we can get some photos.
- At the minute the rangers have not decided if we will be meeting in Reeth or Grinton. We will let you know as soon as we find out. We have moved the times for scouts that night to accommodate the extra travel.
- We would welcome the help of any parents willing to stick around to supervise. Just let us know in advance please. What else are you going to do for an hour in Reeth? Go to a nice warm pub?
That’s all for now but we will be in touch as soon as we know anything more.
Here is the summer term programme for scouts. Still a few gaps as of 25th April because we are yet to have our troop forum. We will fill those in and publish an updated version as soon as we know what we are doing on the missing evenings. If you don’t know where we are, assume we are in the hall in uniform.
There are also some patrol camps coming up, and the forms are here:
Let us know if you need any further info from us.