Returning to Face to Face Scouting

Schools are starting to go back this week and we intend to get back to scouting on the following dates:

Beavers/Scouts: Thursday 10th 2020

SeptemberCubs: Monday 14th September 2020

We’ve gone through a pretty arduous risk assessment process over the summer which is in the process of being approved by our scouting district. The current plan is to restart with a combination of online and…wait for it…face to face OUTDOOR activities.

What we are able to do will vary from section to section and possibly from week to week, and there will be plans in place to keep all our participants and leaders safe. We’ll also need written consent from our parents before we can accept your children back in a face to face setting.

With this in mind we plan to run a Zoom meeting for all parents on Monday 7th September during the usual Cub meeting time. We’ll explain the risk assessment process and the NYA alert levels and the plans for each section.

Don’t worry if you can’t make the meeting. We will follow up with all the info by email afterwards.

Bear with us while we get up and running. It’s possible that we need to stick to online for a couple of weeks while we get all the required permissions back from parents, but we’ll keep you informed as we go along.

Feel free to get in touch with any questions, either here, via Messenger, by texting your section leader or emailing bartonscouts@gmail.com

You should have already received an invitation to the Zoom meeting, but drop us a line if that’s missed you somehow.

Thanks

Gavin

Leave a Reply